IRM, DRR, CCA, EMR, Resilience, Livelihoods, Water
This report presents the progress made to date by Partners for Resilience Ethiopia programme in implementing activities to integrate Climate Change Adaptation and Ecosystem Management and Restoration into their Disaster Risk Reduction Programmes. While some partners have been expanding the number of communities they work with, all have proven regular involvement of local community, disaster risk reduction committees that established purposefully and government offices in planning, implementing and monitoring concrete activities on ground.
Also partners have strengthened firm cooperation with local NGOs/CBOs and other government agencies, and knowledge centres, in addition they facilitated cross community/partners exchange visits at several levels. Finally all partners are engaged in CCA/EMR/DRR policy dialogue at local levels.
Some of the activities carried out in this period are:
- Intra-organizational development
- Construction of water schemes
- Climate risk mitigation measures and support
- Ecosystem Based Rehabilitation of degraded micro watersheds
- Improved Agricultural practices
- Community Managed Disaster Risk Reduction committees
- Joint monitoring by key stakeholders at Woreda level