IRM, DRR, EMR, Resilience, Policy, Water
This report provides a consolidated summary of the Partner for Resilience programme in India based on the inputs derived from 2011 annual reports of individual partners that covers community and national level achievements.
The focus during the period was on developing networks, clarifying roles and responsibilities, implementation mechanism and developing community risk reduction plans for increasing livelihood resilience in the two key project areas: Mahanadi Delta, Orissa and Gandak-Kosi floodplains in Bihar. The main activities carried out during this period are:
- Implementation of Integrated Coastal Zone Management Project (ICZMP)
- Learning lessons from the floods in Mahanadi Delta
- Building Livelihood Resilience in Changing Climate. Report from the Asia Regional Conference, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in March 2011.
- Cluster Approach for Risk Reduction Plans
- Applying integrated approaches for developing risk reduction plans: a case study from Mahanadi Delta, Orissa.
- Institutional development