Original PDF File
View directly in browser
|728 KB||View in browser|
IRM, DRR, CCA, EWEA, EMR, Landscapes, Livelihoods, Water
This report provides a consolidated summary of the Partners for Resilience programme in Mali based on the inputs derived from 2011 annual reports of individual partners that covers community and national level achievements.
In the area where the project is based, the main natural hazards facing the local communities which they must adapt to are: recurrent droughts, seasonal floods and permanent conflicts between different users of the natural resources which are continuously degrading. In addition to this 3 out of 4 people live below the poverty line.
Main activities carried out during this period are:
- Community-based Risk Screening Tool – Adaptation and Livelihoods (CRISTAL), Community vulnerability and Capacity Adaptation (CVCA)
- Awareness raising sessions on agriculture, forestry, hydrology, sanitation and agriculture research.
- Development of risk maps of villages and related resource issues
- Case study of Saba village, rural district of Dialloube, Mopti, Prefecture
- Investigation on early warning tools at local and national levels
- Strengthening of capacities of civil society, technical institutions of the government and project team
- Francophone workshop on DRR/CCA at Benin
- Advocacy around the water crisis in the Inner Niger Delta